The Portfolio Manager role requires strong leadership and management skills, coupled with strong PPM skills, to ensure the integrity of the portfolio or programmes and projects. The candidate will need to develop and maintain robust relationships with all parts of the business, as well as with the projects, to ensure that all initiatives meet the requirements of the project or programme board. The candidate need to work with portfolio of Retail Business Unit to identify any gaps in initiatives and to understand what activities are planned to fill those gaps.
- Work with senior management of Retail Business Unit to define portfolio of programs and projects, ensure that portfolio delivers Business Unit strategy
- Provide an ongoing health check of the portfolio/programme(s) by reassessing whether programmes/projects continue to meet the overall strategic objectives
- If strategic initiatives are not as successful as expected and fail to deliver expected benefits, help to analyze why, particularly to differentiate between a poor strategic idea and the poor implementation of a good strategic idea
- Manage group of projects managers, ensure that portfolio and global strategic initiatives delivers according to Organisational Project Management framework
- Establish framework agreements for the roll-out and maintenance of organization-wide PPM tools, training, mentoring and consulting
- Take part in continuous improvement of programme and project frameworks, templates and procedures; ensure they are fit for purpose and be best practice.
- Great educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering
- Proven 5+ years of working experience in corporate portfolio/programme management (finance sector as an advantage)
- Proven 3+ years of working experience in people management
- Excellent internal communication, written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills
- Experience in business process description, optimisation, and reengineering
- Strong analytical skills / data analysis skills
- Financial Markets and trading operations understanding as an advantage
- Portfolio/Programme/Project Management certifications PRINCE2, PPM, P3O