The Data Analyst is a core role in the Analytics & Reporting Team, which is part of the Business Intelligence department.
The key areas of the team’s responsibilities are:
Methodology - create and maintain a methodological backbone for key measures of the company and its business units,
Management Reporting - provide C-level management of the company with the up-to-date overview of the company’s key metrics and indicators,
Analysis - help to define relations among KPI within performance metrics maps and support product teams and departments with analytical expertise on operational and strategic level,
Self-service BI - facilitate improvement of self-service BI instruments on the DWH side (verified and calculated metrics/ dimensions available for finding data insights by any user) and the BI instrument side (Metabase, Tableau etc.),
Training & Education - act as a educational body within the company with regards to data/ metrics awareness, self-service BI instruments and BI best practices,
Support - support business users with ad hoc data exports and report automation requests.
The role is designed as cross-functional within the Analytics & Reporting Team, which implies ideally equal effort of all team members in achieving the goals set in the areas of team’s responsibilities. Target state of the team is the full inter substitutability of all team members.
The role achieves its purpose through tight collaboration with other teams within the BI department - Data and Machine Learning teams - as well as with product teams in other business units.
Our selected candidate will be reporting to the Analytics & Reporting Team Lead.
- Build and maintain company-wide measurements catalog, actively participate in the measurements management business process,
- Maintain and improve BI Knowledge Base covering all products generated by the department (onboarding materials for newcomers, DWH tables and views, ML models and segmentations, reports and dashboards, researches and products etc.),
- Define and propose requirements for new metrics based on stakeholders’ information needs,
- Calculate metrics (create SQL queries) needed for reporting purposes,
- Ad hoc reporting/ data analysis (ad hoc analysis support of business users, hypothesis checking, metrics evaluation),
- Build and maintain reports and dashboards in Tableau, Metabase and other potentially adopted BI instruments.
- Maintain set of key metrics/ reports in adopted BI instruments to be used by other users as a reference,
- Define requirements for creation of new data sources and aggregates in the BI DWH,
- Provide BSA (business system analyst) support to other teams of BI department,
- Act as subject matter expert within BI departments with regards to products of the company,
- Write regular posts in company Facebook space about key deliverables of BI department, BI best practices and interesting facts,
- Conduct periodical meet-ups within the company highlighting key results and products of BI department,
- Provide themed workshops on BI instruments and product-related data insights,
- Fulfill ad hoc data exports and report automation requests
- Provide daily support to business users with issues/ questions related to BI data and metrics.
- Act as project manager for projects within the Team, ensuring efficient project/task management through Jira/ Smartsheet according to the PMO standards of the company.
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Analyst, QA Engineer or Business Analyst in a BI team or project,
- Experience in metrics/ measures definition and modelling,
- Strong skills in SQL as a must, Python experience would be an advantage,
- Strong mathematical skills and statistical toolkit,
- Strong customer management skills (understand the needs of stakeholders and manage their expectations),
- Result-driven orientation (prioritizing, taking initiative, taking ownership),
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Creativity and critical thinking.
- Knowledge of English at intermediate level.
- Official employment in accordance with the laws of Cyprus and the EU, including the registration of family members
- Medical insurance for employees and family members
- Corporate Mini Cooper CountryMan S for all relocated employees
- Relocation package (visa, tickets, corporate flat for 1 month)
- Сompany's fitness center for employees and their spouses
- English and Greek language classes
- Kindergarten/school compensation program
- The best view to the sea from our own rooftop bar