We are looking for a person who will drive the Software Development function to deliver the best in class products and services to make our customers feel quality in each interaction with Exness. A person who will ensure that engineering processes and delivered software products are done with full dedication to our core principles involving every aspect of a technological solution. A person who will naturally feel deep ownership and care over his/her domain, technology, and people involved. A qualified candidate for this position has lived and breathed with software engineering for the last 10+ years. A professional who used his/her experience, knowledge, and passion for inspiring teams and innovating. A person recognizing that software development is both a science and an art, and is a distinct professional discipline that requires continuous learning and training.
A proper candidate is always enthusiastic about new challenges. For them, there is no such state when ‘everything is fine’ - they lean to perfectionism and continuous improvement in every aspect they work with. The candidate naturally sets the highest standards for everything they interact with and ignites others to share such an approach. Their decisions are consistent, transparent, rational, scalable, and always weighed against the risk. The candidate is an evangelist for the DevOps and agile culture. The Head of Software Development and their teams can successfully balance agility and innovation by following strict standards and processes.
As a company manager:
- Planning: you will participate in strategic and tactical planning cycles and ensure that plan is delivered in time and with accordance to company standards;
- Processes: you will continuously analyze existing processes, make them effective, transparent, reasonable and relevant to company standards;
- Changes: you will act as a change agent in the technology function to support all required organizational changes and implement management decisions.
- Costs: you will be responsible for cost control and budgeting;
- Reporting: you will facilitate, moderate and ensure that corporate reporting cycles are done according to company standards.
As a technical leader:
- Strategy: together with other Heads of Software Development, you are going to play a vital role in strategic technology management. You will communicate and drive technology strategy execution;
- Technology: together with standardization committees, you are going to facilitate all critical decision making on changes in technology standards, stacks, tools, frameworks, libraries, protocols, etc. You will ensure that local architecture decisions are transparent and aligned with the architecture control function;
- Quality: you are going to be responsible for the quality of software delivered by your teams. Ensure that all quality requirements are met continuously, team’s DoDs are relevant to non-functional requirements, processes which are aimed to continuous quality improvement (Root Cause Analysis, Post Mortem Analysis, Incident Management, Software Delivery, Testing, Code Review, etc.) are relevant to industry best-practices, effectively implemented and executed;
- Debt: you are going to facilitate activities and ensure that technical debt is being continuously identified, prioritized and paid within agreed quotas;
- Metrics: you will ensure that all SLIs on each component are set with proper thresholds and SLOs, all downstream/upstream dependencies are accounted for, and their states are transparent through required dashboards and CMDB items.
As a people manager:
- Direct reports: You will work with up to 30 product engineers in your reporting line whom you will manage through 2-3 direct reports - Team Leaders;
- Performance management: you will be responsible for team performance management activities. Develop, improve and set KPIs and execute motivation programs based on them;
- Talents: you will continuously keep hiring top talents, be responsible for the level of expertise of engaged employees, and it’s continuous growth. Mentor and organize professional development of your teams.
- Master’s degree in “STEM” or Computer Science;
- Solid software development experience (5+ years on Engineering position);
- Solid management experience (3+ years as People manager);
- Excellent written and verbal both English and Russian.
- Outstanding relocation package to Cyprus.
- New branded corporate Mini Cooper Countryman S for the employee and the family.
- Medical insurance for employees and immediate family members.
- Company fitness center for employees and their spouses.
- Parking near the office or a bus pass.
- Kindergarten/school compensation program.
- The best view of the sea from our own roof bar.
- We support the relocation of our candidates by providing visa and migration processing and do our best to help them to be successful in the company.