The culture of the Exness Technology team is highly focused on achieving the highest quality in product performance plus offering the best customer experience. The solutions we create are full-fledged, clear, transparent, and expandable. We've reached incredible milestones over the past few years moving from 300 employees to 1100+ professionals globally. Exness continues its own expansion and we’re on a search for an exceptional individual who will bring passion and technological experience into our already strong team to ensure that engineering processes and delivered software products are done with full dedication to our core principles involving every aspect of a technological solution.
Our Head of Software Development is someone who will lead us in the diversification of existing trading platform into a more mature ecosystem of trading systems (order management systems, price prediction & aggregation systems, order execution system, trading flow, and market risk management systems) and trading frontends (technological APIs both for retail and institutional customers, third-party & in-house developed trading terminals - both mobile & web).
Focus: Together with our product and business functions, you’ll build proprietary trading within Tier-1 global trading venues and further leverage this experience to extend internal market-making capabilities. Working together with our quant teams, you will enhance the existing trading products portfolio with new trading instruments, new types of orders, and adapt this portfolio to crypto market changes that we see nowadays.
This challenging position requires for you to be a:
Planning: you will participate in strategic and tactical planning cycles and ensure that plan is delivered in time and accordance with company standards;
- Resources: in line with the demands of our resources analyse and fill detected/ predictable gaps to ensure that resource bottlenecks do not block the delivery of business changes;
- Processes: asses existing processes, make them effective, transparent, reasonable, and relevant to company standards;
- Changes: you will act as a change agent in the technology function to support all required organisational changes and implement management decisions.
- Costs: you will be responsible for cost control and budgeting;
- Reporting: you will facilitate, moderate and ensure that corporate reporting cycles are done according to company standards.
- Strategy: together with other Heads of Software Development, you are going to play a vital role in strategic technology management. You will communicate and drive technology strategy execution in your tribe. You will ensure that commercial strategies of your business partners are delivered;
- Technology: together with standardization committees, you are going to facilitate all critical decision-making on changes in technology standards, stacks, tools, frameworks, libraries, protocols, etc. You will ensure that local architecture decisions are transparent and aligned with the architecture control function;
- Quality: you are going to be responsible for the quality of software delivered by your teams. Ensure that all quality requirements are met continuously, team’s DoDs are relevant to non-functional requirements, processes that are aimed at continuous quality improvement (Root Cause Analysis, Post Mortem Analysis, Incident Management, Software Delivery, Testing, Code Review, etc.) are relevant to industry best-practices, effectively implemented and executed;
- Debt: you are going to facilitate activities and ensure that technical debt is being continuously identified, prioritized, and paid within agreed quotas;
- Metrics: you will ensure that all SLIs on each component are set with proper thresholds and SLOs, all downstream/upstream dependencies are accounted for, and their states are transparent through required dashboards and CMDB items.
People Manager (Leadership)
- Direct reports: You will work with up to 50 product engineers in your reporting line whom you will manage through 5-7 direct reports - Team Leaders;
- Performance management: you will be responsible for team performance management activities. Develop, improve and set KPIs and execute motivation programs based on them;
- Talents: you will continuously keep hiring top talents, be responsible for the level of expertise of engaged employees, and their continuous growth. Mentor and organize the professional development of your teams.
What you need to succeed:
- Master’s degree in “STEM” or Computer Science;
- Solid knowledge in the electronic trading domain. Expert knowledge in one of the areas:
- Market-making and order execution;
- Price prediction and generation;
- Algorithmic trading and low latency;
- Real-time risk-management and automated dealing systems;
- Crypto trading.
- Solid software development experience (5+ years on Engineering position);
- Solid management experience (3+ years as People manager).
- Excellent written and verbal English;
- Experienced in working in a fast paced, high growth, technology focussed organisation;
- You’re an evangelist for the DevOps and agile culture;
- You’ve got a keen interest in new challenges and passion for inspiring teams and innovation;
- If you can recognise that software development is both science and art;
- You’re driven by professional discipline that requires continuous learning and training;
We offer you:
- A fairly estimated and attractive package (competitive salary based on your expectations and internal benchmark) with the ability to start working remotely anywhere in the world;
- Company Car - the company will provide Exness-branded cars to those who relocated, parking near the office or a bus tickets;
- We’ll pay school or kindergarten fees (Annual Registration or Tuition Fees, Regular term fees, Half day service to kindergartens) for your children between 0 years - 18 years, up to three (3) children;
- L&D - support your need to replenish your knowledge and acquire new skills to do your job better via: Continuous product education, Professional training & Certifications, Soft skill trainings, Language classes and our very own Exness library;
- Sports Benefits - Our very own Sports Club with dedicated coaches doing group and individual training, on site and on-line, sharing healthy recipes and life hacks + Free Sanctum Club Membership for you and your spouse. Jet Skis (if you have a speed boat operator license) ;
- Medical - in addition to having a Corporate Doctor, we cooperate with one of the biggest international insurance companies in order to provide medical insurance for you and your families. Coverage is provided for you, your spouse and your children up to 18 years old. It includes Inpatient, Outpatient and international support.
📍Please notice that you can start Remote work from anywhere in the world, but gradual permanent Relocation to Cyprus will be required.
Your application will be reviewed further and you will receive an update in due course if you are shortlisted. Due to high volume of applicants, we are able to contact only shortlisted candidates at this point of time.