Exness Group was founded by a group of like-minded professionals in the area of finance and information technology in 2008. We are the broker of choice for every trader who demands high-quality services. Today we are 1000+ represented by more than 70 nationalities, continuously expanding our existing teams and creating new ones.
Our culture allows each employee to be the best version of themselves, constantly increasing their expertise. Our culture and values rely highly on Ethics & integrity + Smart scientific approach!
We are looking for a Network Engineer to join Exness Technology Department. This is a highly collaborative position whose ultimate goal is to drive experiments and research with the team of professional analysts and programmers to deliver low and ultra low (ULL) latency solutions for trading.
What you will do:
- Work directly with the Trading and Infrastructure units to drive pricing and trading solutions development and improvement.
- Design and implement cross connects and infrastructure architecture for exchanges and providers.
- When design phase is completed and solution goes to production, ensure its smooth operations, provide documentation and tools for management and monitoring.
- Capacity planning. Detect congestion problems. Guarantee latency predictability. Think in terms of microseconds and nanoseconds.
What you need to succeed:
- At least 5 years of experience in networks design and operations.
- Industry certification by any network vendor or equivalent to CCNP experience.
- Hands-on experience with network monitoring, including open source products.
- Advanced knowledge in the technologies below:
- OSI model, TCP/UDP stack (including multicast)
- Hands-on experience in design and operations of L2-3 networks based on Cisco or any other major network manufacturers (Brocade, Huawei, etc.).
- In-depth understanding of switching and routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP.
- Latency optimized hardware (at least in one of the areas: networks, servers, memory, storage). Like Exegy XERO, Myricom, etc.
- Time synchronisation protocols (NTP, PTP) and high precision time sources.
- Understanding how to build a high precision hardware timestamping system for traffic for trading environments.
- Any scripting languages (Powershell, Bash, Python, etc.) and / or programming basics.
- Understanding of containerization (Docker) and cloud services (AWS).
- Administration of Linux and Windows systems.
- English language (Intermediate or higher).
Would be an advantage:
- ITSM fundamentals, project management.
- Any industry certifications.
- Familiarity with FIX protocol.
- Network security foundations.
- Experience with Corvils, taps, and aggregation switches.
- Experience working in banks / brokers who operates feeds with such exchanges (like MOEX, ICE, etc.)
- Medical insurance for employees.
- Coworking expenses compensation.
- “Get to know your Team” trip to Cyprus.
- Sports activities compensation.
- Extensive learning opportunities.
- Flexible public holidays.
- 100% pay of Annual leave.
- Professional Development.
*If you would like to learn about relocation opportunities to Cyprus, please contact the dedicated TA Specialist.
Your application will be reviewed further and you will receive an update in due course if you are shortlisted. Due to high volume of applicants, we are able to contact only shortlisted candidates at this point of time.