Exness, a leading foreign exchange broker in the financial services field, is looking for a Database Engineer (DBA), who will administrate a various databases, participate in developing modern infrastructure solutions to allow the speedy development and release of Exness products and services. You will be driving reliability to systems in production and helping the team spend less time working on support escalations to give the team more time to build new features and services.
What you will do:
- Manage various databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems;
- Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end;
- Provide support for database security configuration and management, including accounts, roles and privileges;
- Assist developers with schema design, code review, query tuning;
- Create automation for repeating database tasks;
- Use high-speed transaction recovery and backup techniques;
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations and dashboards;
- Implement changes and apply new patches and versions;
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
You are best equipped for this role if you have:
- Bachelor degree;
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL, especially PostgreSQL;
- Experience in development / administration of IT systems 3 years+;
- Linux administration experience at least 1 year;
- Experience with NoSQL databases. E.g.: MongoDB;
- Good understanding of database design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance;
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options;
- Good knowledge of capacity planning and architecture design for database servers deployment;
- Spoken and written English – intermediate level;
- Spoken and written Russian – fluent level.
Will be a plus if you have:
- Experience with cloud services ( AWS, GoogleCloud);
- Experience with analytical databases like Vertica;
- Experience with ClickHouse.
We would highly appreciate if you are:
- Detail-oriented and passionate about quality;
- Critical thinker and good problem-solving skills;
- A team player;
- A person with a strong desire to research and study new database technologies.
- Medical insurance for employees.
- Coworking expenses compensation.
- “Get to know your Team” trip to Cyprus.
- Sports activities compensation.
- Extensive learning opportunities.
- Flexible public holidays.
- 100% pay of Annual leave.
- Professional Development.
*If you would like to learn about relocation opportunities to Cyprus, please contact the dedicated TA Specialist
Your application will be reviewed further and you will receive an update in due course if you are shortlisted. Due to high volume of applicants, we are able to contact only shortlisted candidates at this point of time.