The vacancy is published on behalf of Tech Island, a non-profit association supported by Exness.
💥Tech Island https://gotechisland.com/ is a non-profit business association with the mission to promote and accelerate the growth of the technology and innovation ecosystem in Cyprus. The goal of Tech Island is to work with the local technology sector and public sector to help boost the technology and innovation infrastructure that is expected to become a crucial economic engine with a significant impact on GDP, tax revenue, and job creation for the Cypriot economy by the year 2030.
Currently Tech Island is looking for a talented and ambitious PR manager to join the team and manage all the public relations with the external counter-parties and drive the PR agenda.
- Develop PR strategies, campaigns, and initiatives to drive pubic relations agenda of the association;
- Cultivate and maintain the relations with local online and offline medias, local and municipal government officials and media representatives to ensure that the priorities of the association are supported and driven by them;
- Act as a spokesperson and interact with the medias on the regular basis on behalf of the association;
- Create and adjust text and video content, write and approve media releases and other press materials;
- Write or approve digital content for social media outlets, such as regular posts, blogs or other media pieces;
- Organise promotional events for the association such as press conferences about the progress of the association;
- Define and drive internal communications between 50+ companies involved into the association;
Key Requirements & Competencies 💡
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as a PR manager in the business environment, preferably fintech/high tech;
- Relevant Marketing / Communications degree and ideally membership of CIM or CIPR would be an advantage;
- Excellent writing skills, good literacy in English and Greek, copywriting experience;
- Previous experience in planning PR campaigns and delivery in a complex environment;
- Ability to proactively manage relations with key online and offline medias in Cyprus, the external parties, association members, other counter-parties;
- Highly organised with ability to prioritise and handle multiple deadlines;
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, likeable and able to deliver in a fast-paced environment;
- Positive approach, ‘can do’ attitude, team player;
- Fluent English and Greek - verbal and written;
- Based in Cyprus, no relocation provided;
- Unique opportunity to make a country-wide impact and participate in a transformation project for Cyprus IT / high tech environment;
- Outstanding opportunities to make a career in a growing environment;
- Competitive salary based on own contribution.
Your application will be reviewed further and you will receive an update in due course if you are shortlisted. Due to high volume of applicants, we are able to contact only shortlisted candidates at this point of time.